Why Join IEEE
The IEEE is the world's largest technical professional society, connecting more than 400,000 members to the latest information and the best technical resources available. IEEE Student Membership is an unique way to gauge the benefits of IEEE membership but at reduced membership rates. As student members we get almost all the resources we require to develop our future career.
From continuing educational courses and certifications, to conferences and competitions, you can learn more, create more, and achieve more of what matters in your life and career through IEEE membership. IEEE membership helps support the IEEE mission of promoting the engineering profession for the benefit of humanity and the profession.
Wonder why there are more than 400,000 IEEE members all over the world……??
Here are some benefits of IEEE:-
Join IEEE if you not
- To Step out from the world of books and experience another practical world existing around you.
- To connect with people all over the world and gain maximum exposure.
- To experience how it is like to be a part of a world class organization.
- To Harness apart from knowledge, a sense of pride and confidence which makes you excel in every field of life.
- To be a part of an environment where members collaborate on world changing technologies.
- To Develop skills. Learn the basics of Maya/robotics/Flash/Web Designing/java/ Hacking/ HTML/ Infra-red circuits In LESS THAN 4 MONTHS..!!
- IN-HOUSE PROJECTS – to make projects apart from the one to be submitted officially. Score extra points in placements and gain more experience.
- Earn certiz, awards and accolades which gives you an edge over others in placements
- Gain Exposure by organizing events, attending various IEEE meets , interacting with members and gain EXPERIENCE.
- Get Continuum and Binary which helps you in increasing your knowledge even further.
- To enhance knowledge by Numerous quizzes, technical articles that are circulated through emails
IEEE Student Membership Benefits:
- want to sit in class staring blankly at the blackboard…
- want to become a FAKE ENGINEER .
- believe that- Mugging up directly from books is “EDUCATION”..
With an IEEE student membership you will be able to:
- Discover career oportunities and gain a better understanding of your field.
- Gain a competitive edge with the included IEEE Spectrum and IEEE Potentials magazines.
- Access world-class technical information provided by the IEEE and cut down your research time.
- Join IEEE technical societies in your areas of interest.
- Stay on the cutting edge with online resources available to members only--for technical information, planning a career move, or changing your e-mail provider.
- Network with peers and future employers in your field, gaining valuable leadership experiences and making career contacts.
- SAVE MONEY with substantial discounts on more than 15,000 IEEE books, journals, videos, and self-study courses.
- SAVE MORE MONEY AFTER GRADUATION with the IEEE Reduced Dues Discount - IEEE Student members graduating with their first professional degree receive a 50% discount off IEEE and Society membership dues the first year after graduation.
- GOLD (Graduates of the Last Decade)
- Free IEEE Email Alias, complete with virus-scanning software, and Communications Services (including IEEE Web Accounts and What's New @ IEEE for Students)
- Network with colleagues through local IEEE Section activities, Young Professional Groups and IEEE Student Branches
- Join one or more IEEE technical societies in your field of expertise and share information with industry leaders
- Connect with national societies outside of the IEEE
- Other IEEE Products and Services