Vision & Mission
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is inspired by the vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India.
The Mission of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is to enable higher educational institutions to work with the people of rural India in identifying development challenges and evolving appropriate solutions for accelerating sustainable growth. It also aims to create a virtuous cycle between society and an inclusive academic system by providing knowledge and practices for emerging professions and to upgrade the capabilities of both the public and the private sectors in responding to the development needs of rural India.
- To contribute with our full capacity in fulfilling the mission of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan.
- To provide our services in all domains coming under the various themes of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan.
- To engage the faculty and students in understanding rural realities.
- To identify & select existing innovative technologies, enable customization of technologies, or devise implementation method for innovative solutions, as per the local needs.
- To leverage the knowledge base of the institutions to devise processes for effective implementation of various government programs.
Major Areas of Intervention
Two major domains namely, human development and material (economic) development, which need to develop in an integrated way.
- Human development
- Education and Culture
- Skills and entrepreneurship
- Material (economic) development
- Organic agriculture
- Water management and conservation
- Renewable energy sources
- Artisan and rural industries
- Development and harnessing of local natural resources
- Basic amenities