Electrical & Electronics Engineering
The Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department of KIET was established in 1998 with the objective to impart quality education in the core field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Since the inception, the department is striving towards achieving excellence not only in the area of Electrical and Electronics Engineering education but also developing research facilities mainly in the area of Power Electronics, Electric Drives, Power System, Non Conventional Energy Resources and Computational Intelligence. The department currently offers B.Tech course in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Masters Program (M.Tech) in Power Electronics and Drives. In order to keep the students in pace with the latest trends in technology, the department organizes lectures by eminent scientists, academicians of international repute and experts from industries on regular basis. For further boosting this effort, the department organizes an international conference “Innovative Applications of Computational Intelligence on Power, Energy and Controls with their Impact on Humanity” (CIPECH) every alternate year since 2014. Due to the relentless efforts in the field of research and development, the department has been designated as research centre by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University.
Career Opportunities after B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Click here to view Success Stories)
Candidates can work in following fields after obtaining degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering-
- Mobile communication
- Computer and digital systems
- Control systems and Robotics
- The manufacturing
- Robotics and automation
- Embedded systems
- Artificial intelligence
- Power Systems
- And many more..
They can attend several government exams like GATE, IES, IAS, UPSC, SSC for getting jobs in the government sector/PSUs.
Some of these are listed below-
- Air India Air Transport Services Limited (AIATSL)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Bharat Electrical Limited (BEL)
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
- Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
- Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL)
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL),
- ONGC Oil and Natural Gas Company (ONGC),
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited(PGCIL)
- Bureau of Indian Standards Scientist B, National Productivity Council, GRSE
- Indian Airport Authority.
- Indian Railway sector
- All India Radio and Doordarshan
- Central Power Engineering and Services
- Military Engineering Services
- Indian Navy
- Indian Air Force
- P&T Building work services etc.
What should you expect from a degree in Electrical And Electronics Engineering at KIET ?
The department of Electrical And Electronics Engineering prepares the students for work in multidisciplinary tasks through the following activities other than teaching curriculum.
- Placements at top technology /software companies.
- Platform to transform theoretical knowledge in practical innovative ideas in centre of excellence and department Hobby clubs.
- Get an opportunity to work on most advance softwares like OPAL RT, DIG SILENT, MATLAB , PSPICE ,PV Syst etc.
- Different languages like JAVA, Python are also taught in additional to the curriculum subjects.
- The department conducts international conferences , workshops, symposium, presentations, expert lectures, summer internships, seminars , training programs, technical events, IEEE SIGHT distinguished lecture series at regular interval .These events provide the opportunity to exchange the ideas with leading intellectuals from various universities and industries globally .
- The students are taught state of the art technology in the fields of Solar energy, Electric Vehicle and Smart grid through additional skill training.