Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Click here to view Success Stories
Four-year degree course in Engineering must remain beyond the knowledge of theories and concepts given in text books. The students must be capable in applying these concepts for real time problems around us. World has globally connected through the digital platform. And, hence, solutions for today’s problems can be offered by the engineers if they are skilled not only through the knowledge of software coding but also through the understanding of real time components assembly. Electrical curriculum nurtures the potential of its fraternity, exactly with same line of action.
22 years deep-rooted Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department of KIET Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad, having experienced and qualified faculty, is committed to produce skilled graduates with same motto. Since 1998, the year of establishment, this department is committed to impart quality education beyond the traditional teaching learning methodologies so that students can inculcate the modern knowledge according to the latest trends and requirements of industries and world. It is our belief that the engineering graduates who are technically sound, well cultured and globally competent will only be fit in the competitive era of 21st century. For further boosting this effort, the department organizes an international conference “Innovative Applications of Computational Intelligence on Power, Energy and Controls with their Impact on Humanity” (CIPECH) every alternate year since 2014. Due to the relentless efforts in the field of research and development, the department has been designated as research centre by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University.
Highlights of the department are
- 4 Years Under Graduation Degree Course, B.Tech.
- 2 Years specialized Post Graduation Degree Course, M.Tech.
- Three times consecutively NBA Accredited Department
Click here to view "A Glimpse of Distinguished Internship Lecture Series 2020 of EEE Department"
The exclusive merits of our departments are
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty members
- Regular interaction of industries, IITs, NITs, Central & States Universities and overseas universities
- Centre for IEEE CIS Technical chapter
- IEEE Students chapter
- Advanced computational laboratory, a first of its kind in western UP
- Centre of Excellence in the field of Electrical and Renewable Energy
- Organization of Biennial IEEE International conference CIPECH
- Laboratories including research oriented setups for excelling the students’ capabilities
- Distinguished Lecture Series (DLS) in Electrical Engineering from the eminent speakers across the globe
- Value Added Courses Designed for Multi-Dimensional Growth of Students
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Embedded System & Internet of Things
- Renewable Energy & Electric Vehicle
- Industrial Electronics
- Electric Vehicles Design and Assembly
- Students Club
- Electric Vehicle club
- Socio Tech Innovation Club
- KIET IEEE SIGHT
- Industrial Electronics and Control Club
In a nutshell, the department is very well equipped to cater to the needs of education for the career enhancement of students from both technical as well as social aspects. We continue to strive to meet our mission to mould today’s youth into world-class technocrats of tomorrow, who would endeavour to improve the quality of life of humans. We are confident that our students would be assets to any organization through their technical and managerial capabilities.
Career Opportunities after B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Candidates can work in following fields after obtaining degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering-
- Mobile communication
- Computer and digital systems
- Control systems and Robotics
- The manufacturing
- Robotics and automation
- Embedded systems
- Artificial intelligence
- Power Systems
- And many more..
They can attend several government exams like GATE, IES, IAS, UPSC, SSC for getting jobs in the government sector/PSUs.
Some of these are listed below-
- Air India Air Transport Services Limited (AIATSL)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Bharat Electrical Limited (BEL)
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
- Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
- Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL)
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL),
- ONGC Oil and Natural Gas Company (ONGC),
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited(PGCIL)
- Bureau of Indian Standards Scientist B, National Productivity Council, GRSE
- Indian Airport Authority.
- Indian Railway sector
- All India Radio and Doordarshan
- Central Power Engineering and Services
- Military Engineering Services
- Indian Navy
- Indian Air Force
- P&T Building work services etc.
What should you expect from a degree in Electrical And Electronics Engineering at KIET ?
The department of Electrical And Electronics Engineering prepares the students for work in multidisciplinary tasks through the following activities other than teaching curriculum.
- Placements at top technology /software companies.
- Platform to transform theoretical knowledge in practical innovative ideas in centre of excellence and department Hobby clubs.
- Get an opportunity to work on most advance softwares like OPAL RT, DIG SILENT, MATLAB , PSPICE ,PV Syst etc.
- Different languages like JAVA, Python are also taught in additional to the curriculum subjects.
- The department conducts international conferences , workshops, symposium, presentations, expert lectures, summer internships, seminars , training programs, technical events, IEEE SIGHT distinguished lecture series at regular interval .These events provide the opportunity to exchange the ideas with leading intellectuals from various universities and industries globally .
- The students are taught state of the art technology in the fields of Solar energy, Electric Vehicle and Smart grid through additional skill training.