English is not just another language – it’s that language which connects the globe and makes its users Global Citizens. It is not only a subject which is studied in schools & colleges but also the language of business, research, medical & engineering fields, with all the latest information available on the internet in English, at the click of a button.
To enhance the English communication levels of our students we have highly dedicate and experienced English faculty who take up related subjects as prescribed by the AKTU curriculum, e.g., in B. Tech I year – Professional English, in B. Pharm I Year Communication Skills, MBA I year – Business Communication, in MCA I year – Professional Communication, in B. Tech II year – Technical Communication and in B. Pharm III year – Professional Communication. Students also practice actively in the language lab equipped with Orell software to clear their pronunciations and understand the phonetics of English.
All this exposure to the various aspects of English language assists the students in being well prepared for the Verbal Ability Tests conducted by various recruiters visiting the campus of KIET Group of Institutions. The students feel more confident when participating in recruitment drives thereby increasing the employability ratio of our institute.
- Students will be enabled to understand the basic objectives of the course by being acquainted with specific dimensions of communication skills, i.e., Reading, Writing, Listening, Thinking & Speaking.
- Students would be able to create substantial base by the formation of strong professional vocabulary for its application at different platforms and through numerous modes as Comprehension, Reading, Writing and Speaking, etc.
- Students will apply it at their work place for writing purposes such as Presentation, Official drafting, Administrative communication and use it for documentation/project report/research paper writing.
- Students will be made to evaluate the correct & error free writing by being well-versed in the rules of English Grammar and cultivate relevant technical style of communication & presentation at their work place and also for academic usage.
- Students will apply it for practical & oral presentation purposes by being honed in presentation skills and voice dynamics. They will apply techniques for developing inter-personal communication skills positive attitude leading to their professional competence.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.