Internal Complaints Committee
- To comply with the direction of the Hon’ble Supreme Court in the case of sexual harassment at the work place.
- To bring change in behavior and attitude for prevention of sexual harassment at the work place.
What Constitutes Harassment?
- Unwelcome physical, verbal or non verbal sexual conduct
- Ridiculing a woman on the basis of her color , Ethnicity, Dress or Physical Appearance
- Forcible Physical Touch or Molestation
- Physical Contact and advances
- Requests for sexual favors
- Sexually colored remarks
- Showing pornography
- Pursuing and Stalking Former Girl Friends
- Gossiping and Spreading Information about a woman’s private life
- Eve Teasing Innuendos and Taunts
Anyone found indulging in such activities may face following disciplinary actions:
- Debarring entry in the hostel / campus.
- Debarring from heading posts.
- Separation from the institute / hostel.
- Stopping of increment / promotion (in case of employees only).
- Any other action as per discretions of the competent authority. In appropriate cases police / civil authorities may also be approached.