Computer Science & Engineering (Artificial Intelligence)
Registration Form For Admission 2023-24
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Artificial Intelligence, CSE(AI) has a total intake of 180 students. The department has state of art facilities meeting global standards with industry recognized labs. Department is proud of its highly motivated faculties teaching with latest tools and technologies in accordance with the demand of industries.
It is not needed to be mentioned that AI has now penetrated in all the horizons of service sector. There is rarely any field which is untouched by Artificial Intelligence hence generating lakhs of vacancies for skilled professionals by2023. The adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML) is growing worldwide. Organizations worldwide are adopting AI/ML in their business transformation journey for agility, resilience, innovations, and scalability. With this backdrop, KIET offers a four-year under-graduate B. Tech. (CSE with Artificial Intelligence) for laying a strong foundation by using the principles and technologies that consist of many facets of Artificial Intelligence including logic, knowledge representation, probabilistic models, and Machine Learning. The main goal of artificial intelligence (AI) is to provide the intelligence through complex program to solve a given problem. Students shall be able to acquire the ability to design intelligent solutions for various social and business problems in a variety of domains and business applications and also explore fields such as neural networks, natural language processing, robotics, deep learning, computer vision, reasoning, and problem-solving.
This program is best suited for students seeking to build world-class expertise in Artificial Intelligence and emerging technologies which help to stand apart in the crowd and grow careers in the upcoming technological era.
Career Opportunities after B. Tech. in the course
Ample career opportunities exist in public and private sectors such as health care industry, manufacturing, e-commerce, social networks, etc., to name few. The jobs in AI include Software analysts and developers, Computer scientists and computer engineers, AI Algorithm specialists, Research scientists, AI &ML Engineer, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Scientist, AI Software Engineer and so on.
Agriculture, Health Care, Transport, Finance and E-Commerce, Robotics, and Retail Industries are few among various other industries that depend solely on AI and ML to build, analyse, predict their business operations. The real time examples of Artificial Intelligence are precise navigation through Google Maps, spam filters in email and restricting frauds on credit cards.
The professionals adhering to 4 principles – Fairness, Reliability & Safety, Privacy & Security, Inclusiveness; are the most sought after by prestigious MNCs. The average package in the countries like US is pegged at around $85,000 per annum and the mid-level seniors in India would earn upto Rs 50 lakhs per year.
What should you expect from a degree in the course at KIET?
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulates, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- Graduates will demonstrate competency in the global market by being placed up in Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning based Research and Development firms across the globe including National and Multi-National Organizations.
- The program equips the students with knowledge regarding Machine learning software (Tensorflow, Anaconda, Braina, Azure studio, PyCharm) along with AI based languages such as PROLOG, Python, Julia.
- Internships and workshops held during the course create awareness regarding the latest market requirements and establishes synch between academia-industry on the same time, leading to experiential learning.
- Industrial visits for the students to expose them with contemporary working environment and practices of automation and intelligent domains.
- State-of-the-art laboratories with advanced equipment and AI based software through blended learning approach to provide hands on practice to the candidates in providing intellectual solutions to the problems in various domains.
- The career path of the course will lead to generate Computer Science Engineer, AI engineer, ML engineer and is not limited to this.