Welcome to Mechanical Engineering Department
The Mechanical Engineering Department of KIET has a reputation of being among the finest in the state. It is dedicated towards the advancement of technology and science. The department was established in 1999 with the objective to impart quality education in the core field of Mechanical Engineering. The aim of the department is to create and disseminate knowledge and to provide service to the society. The department consistently strives to provide world class facilities for education and research. An interactive relationship is maintained, between the students and staff, which enables the students to develop a sound foundation in a conducive environment. This is also reflected in our campus placement which has been growing year after year with our students getting placed in the top industrial houses of the country. The department has an excellent industrial interaction and contributes to the industry by offering consultancy services. The department gets updated from time to time with the latest developments and trends in the field. The faculty in Mechanical engineering department is highly qualified, experienced and dedicated. The department was accredited in the year 2005, 2009, 2015 and 2018 by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of AICTE.
Career Opportunities after B.tech in Mechanical Engineering-
- Automotive Sector
- Design Engineer
- Research and Development
- Production Planning and control
- Manufacturing Sector
- HVAC Engineer
- Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning
- Quality Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Renewable Energy sector
- Public Sectors (NTPC, IOCL etc.)
- Defence Services
- Merchant Navy
- UPSC (IAS, IPS, IFS)
- Software Industries (WIPRO)
- Academics (Teaching/ Research/Training)
What should you expect from a degree in ME at KIET?-
- Learning from highly qualified faculty members.
- Hands on experiment on machines and engines.
- Guest lectures, presentations, seminars by experts from industry and academia.
- Participation in technical and literary fests.
- Campus placement in leading companies.