Registration Form For Admission 2023-24
Department of Civil Engineering at a Glance Video Tour of Civil Engineering Department
Success Stories of Alumni CE final year placed students batch 2018-22
Letter from Department of Civil Engineering to all the aspirants
Civil Engineering is the application of physical and scientific principles for solving the problems of society and improving human life. Being an extensive profession, Civil Engineering includes several specialized sub-disciplines. Its history is linked to the knowledge of structures, material science, geography, geology, soils, hydrology, environment, mechanics and other fields. Owing to the tremendous growth in the infrastructure sector in India and abroad, the demand of Civil Engineers has been on the rise. To fulfil the growing demands and to cater to the Engineering needs of the nation, the Institute offers B. Tech degree course in Civil Engineering, a four year engineering degree program. Civil Engineering is the undergraduate program focused on rigorous analytical study along with realistic practical solutions. The department has a strong presence of qualified faculty with IIT and NIT background and well equipped laboratories. The major focus is on education for application of IT and latest software in design and execution of small to large and complex nature of civil engineering projects along with the gain from practical experience from the field studies of different structures. Building, Industries (real estates), Bridges, Highways, Flyovers, Dams and Irrigation Structures are top priorities of the academic program.
The Department of Civil Engineering is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for Academic Years 2020-21, 2021-22 & 2022-23.
Career Opportunities after B. Tech. in Civil Engineering-
- Structural Engineer
- Rural & Urban Transport Engineer
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Water Resource Engineer
- Survey & Geomatics Engineer
- Quantity & Estimating Engineer
- Quality Control Engineer
- Consulting Civil Engineer
- Sustainability Consultant
- Construction Site Engineer
The job opportunities after B.Tech in Civil Engineering are available in both the Government as well as the Private/Public sectors. Some Public sector Companies where Civil Engineering graduates gets recruited are:
- Indian Oil Corporation(IOCL)
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited(BSNL)
- Gas Authority of India Limited(GAIL)
- Steel Authority of India Limited(SAIL)
- Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO)
- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited(NTPC)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited(BHEL)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited(ONGC)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited(HAL)
- Coal India Ltd.
What should you expect from a degree in CE at KIET?-
- Learning from well qualified and specialized faculty members.
- Enhanced knowledge matching with industrial needs.
- Participation of industries in teaching learning process through industrial visits and guest/expert lectures.
- Additional skills classes in cutting edge technologies of civil engineering.
- Student employability program to enhance opportunities for employment.
- Compulsory soft skill & aptitude building training as integral part of program.
- Modern laboratories with latest equipment/Software.
- Smart classrooms using state of art ICT based facilities.