Department of Computer Applications
Registration Form For Admission 2023-24
MCA Placement Details
Monthly Technical Newsletter-TechEdge
The Department of Computer Applications under KIET School of Computer Applications has been imparting knowledge with the most modern curriculum and syllabus to students of the post graduate course since 1999. It offers a post graduate three years degree course that is approved by AICTE and affiliated to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow. The Department aims to bring Innovation in technology; to go beyond fundamentals with a view to building interest in students with all the new advancements in the field of computers. The department endeavours to play a vital role in the applications of computers by promoting innovative work in android, iOS, cloud computing, machine learning etc. We enjoy a rich heritage of 1600+ alumni and as a matter of pride most of them are associated and employed with companies of high repute across the country and abroad. And to this end, we are committed to providing an exciting academic program to prepare students for the greatest challenges of the 21st century.
Career Opportunities after MCA-
MCA as course is considered as a professional path opted by most of the students as their master program. It provides plenty of job opportunities in the Government as well as in the Private sector. It is mainly conducted as three-year Professional Master Degree program in the field of Computer Applications. Through it students are equipped with the latest technologies, tools and applications in the field of IT, which enables them to meet the ever-growing requirements of the IT world. These students study Software Engineering, Software Testing, Android Development, Web Development,Programming Languages like C, Java,and Python, Database Management System, Data Structures and so on.
Candidates can work as either of the followings after obtaining degree in Computer Applications-
- Software Developer/Programmer/Engineer
- Trouble shooter
- System Analyst
- Software Application Architect
- Software Consultant
- Hardware Engineer
- Technical Writer
- Systems Developer/Engineer
- Web Designer and Developer
- Starting a new Venture
- Cyber Security Expert
They can attend several government exams like GATE, UPSC, SSC, Banking Services, etc. for getting jobs in the government sector or PSUs.
The Department of Computer Application conducts certain activities to enable students to be on top at different paths of their professional life, which are as follows-
- Placements at top technology /software companies. .
- Platform to transform theoretical knowledge in practical innovative ideas in centre of excellence and departmental Hobby clubs.
- The department conducts international conferences, workshops, presentations, expert lectures, seminars, training programs, technical events, etc. These events provide the opportunity to exchange the ideas with leading intellectuals from various universities and industries.
- Conduct classes for value added courses like AI and ML, Full Stack Development, Big Data using Hadoop etc in addition to the curriculum subjects.