The course content and methodology has been devised in collaboration with Mercedes-Benz India to suit the needs of the state-of-the-art automobiles. The duration of the course is one year and it consists of the following five modules.
- Mechanical Module: Engine: Various modern engines and their functions, transmission chassis systems, Maintenance & Servicing of Modern Vehicles, Introduction to Workshop Information System (WIS), PDI & servicing - Preparation of work plan using maintenance checklist, Quality services, etc.
- Electronics Module: Basic Electrics, Wiring Diagram - symbols & designation of Electrical components, sockets & pin diagrams, Reading of wiring diagram. Basic Electronics, Principle & applications of sensors, Digital Electronics, Basics of CAN bus, networking of control units using CAN bus, Location of CAN voltage distributor, Interior & Exterior CAN.
- Advanced Automotive Systems: Vehicle Component Study; Different Vehicle management System: Functions of Engine management & Emission control management - i.e. Advanced CDI, MESFI, Catalytic converter etc., ESP, ABS, BAS, ASR, Parktronic, SRS, Auto transmission electronic control, Telemetric (Basic), MOST, D2B, Auto air-conditioning etc.
- Soft Skill Development: Communication skills – Verbal Communication, Body language, Presentation skills using modern aids, written communication - Business letter writing, Technical Report writing, etc.
- On-Job training: One-month training at various dealer’s workshop to perform a maintenance service activity and practice the various process of vehicle maintenance.
The progress will be monitored and a test will be conducted at the end of all modules.
A technical team from Mercedes-Benz India Ltd. (MBIL) will take the final assessment of all participants and after the successful completion of the course, students will be given the certificate of “Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics” signed by Director, KIET Group of Institutions and representatives from MBIL, Pune..