Code Of Conduct
Institute Employee Code of Conduct Rules
In this schedule unless the context otherwise requires:
- “Competent authority” means:
- “Governing Council” in case of Director.
- “Director” in case of all other employees.
- “Employees” means a person appointed to the service and posts in connection with the affairs of the Institute.
- “Members of the family” in relation to an employee include,
- the wife, son, step-son, unmarried daughter, or unmarried step-daughter of such employees whether residing with him or not and in relation to an employee who is a woman, the husband residing with her and dependent on her, and
- any other person related, whether by blood or by marriage to the employee or to such employee’s wife or her husband and wholly dependent on such employee, but does not include as wife or husband legally separated from the employee or a son, step-son, unmarried daughter or unmarried step-daughter who is no longer, in any way, dependent upon him or her, or of whose custody, the employee has been deprived by law.
- “Service” means the service under the Institute.
- Every employee shall at all times maintain absolute integrity and devotion to duty and also be strict, honest, and impartial in his /her official dealings.
- An employee should, at all times, be courteous in his/her dealings with other members of the staff, students and members of public.
- Unless otherwise stated specifically in the terms of appointment, every employee is the whole time employee of the Institute and may be called upon to perform such duties as may be assigned to him by the competent authority beyond schedule working hours and on closed holidays and Sundays.
- An employee shall be required to observe the schedule hours of work, during which he/she present at the place of his/her duty.
- Except for valid reasons and under unforeseen contingencies no employee shall be absent from duty without prior permission.
- No employee shall leave station except with the prior permission of the competent authority even during leave or vacation.
- Whenever leaving the station, an employee shall inform the Head of the Department to which he/she is attached, or the Director if he/she himself/herself is the Head of the department, the address where he/she should be available during the period of his/her absence from the station.
- Equal treatment for all
Every employee shall accord equal treatment to people irrespective of their cast, creed, sect, or religion.
- Taking part in Politics & Elections
- No employee shall be a member of or be otherwise associated with, any political part or any organization, which takes part in politics.
- Employee shall canvass or otherwise interfere or use his/her influence in connection with, or take part in, an election to legislature or local authority. Provided that:
- An employee qualified to vote at such election may exercise his/her right to vote.
- An employee shall not be deemed to have contravened the provisions of this rule by reason only that he/she assists in the conduct of an election in due performance of a duty imposed upon him/her by or under any law for the time being in force.
- Demonstrations and Strikes
No employee shall engage oneself or shall participate in any demonstration or resort to any form of strike in connection with any matter pertaining to his/her conditions of service.
- Joining of Association by Employees
No employee shall join or continue to be member of any service Association of employees,
- Which has not, within a period of one month from its formation, obtained the recognition of the Governing Council of the Institute.
- Recognition in respect of which has been refused or withdrawn by the Governing Council of the Institution.
- Connection with Media
- No employee shall, except with the previous sanction of the competent authority, own wholly or in part, or conduct or participate in editing or managing of any news-paper or other periodical publication.
- No employee shall except with the previous sanction of the competent authority or in bonafide discharge of his/her duties, participate in a broadcast or contribute any article or write any letter, either anonymously or in his/her own name or in the name of any other person to any news-paper or periodical except if such contribution is of a purely literary, artistic or scientific character.
- Criticism of the Institute
No employee shall, in any broadcast or any document published anonymously or in his/her own name or in the name of any other person, or in any communication to the press or in public utterance, make any statement of fact or opinion.
- which has the effect of any adverse criticism of any decision of his/her superior officers, or of any current or recent policy or action of the Institute, or
- which is capable of embarrassing the relations between the Institute and any other Institution, University, Organization, state or central Governments, or any member of public, or
- which is capable of embarrassing the relations between the Central Government and the Government of any foreign state.
Provided that nothing in this rule shall apply to any statement made or views expressed by an employee in official capacity or in due performance of the duties assigned to him/her.
- Evidence before a committee or any other authority
- Same as provided in the rule 9.3. below, no employee shall, except with the previous sanction of the competent authority give evidence in connection with any inquiry by any person, committee or authority.
- When any sanction has been accorded under rule 9.1. above, no employee giving such evidence shall criticize the policy or any action of the Institute.
- Nothing of this rule shall apply to:-
- evidence given at any inquiry before an authority appointed by the Institute, by the Central Government, by the state Legislature, or by parliament, or
- evidence given in a judicial inquiry.
- Unauthorized Communication of Information
No employee shall, except in accordance with any general or special order of the competent authority or in performance in good faith of the duties assigned to him/her, communicate directly or indirectly any official document or information to any person to whom he/she is not authorized to communicate such document or information.
An employee may, with the previous sanction of the competent authority, ask for or accept or participate in the raising of subscription or other pecuniary assistance for a charitable purpose connected with medical relief, education or other objects of public utility but it shall not be permissible for him to ask for subscription, etc., for any other purpose whatsoever.
- Private Trade or Employment
No employee shall, except with the prior sanction of the competent authority, engage directly or indirectly, in any trade or business or undertake any employment.
Provided that an employee may, without such sanction, undertake honorary work of social or charitable nature or occasional work of literary, artistic or scientific character, subject to the condition that his/her official duties do not thereby suffer and that he/she informs the Director within one month of his/her undertaking such a work, but he/she shall undertake or discontinue such work if so directed by the competent authority.
- Registration, Promotion and Management of Companies
No employee shall, except with the previous sanction of the competent authority, take part in the registration, promotion or management of any Bank or other company registered under the Indian Companies Act, 1913, or under any other law for the time being in force.
Provided that employees may take part in the registration, promotion or management of a cooperative society registered under the Cooperative Societies Act or any other law for the time being in force, or of a literary, scientific or charitable society registered under the Societies registration Act, 1860 or under any corresponding law in force.
- Insurance Business
No employee shall, except with the prior approval of the competent authority, act as an insurance agent or permit his wife or any other relative who is either wholly dependent on him or is residing within to act as an insurance agent in the district Ghaziabad.
- Guardianship of Minors
An employee may not without the prior approval of the competent authority act as a legal guardian of the person or property of a minor other than his/her dependent.
- Insolvency, habitual Indebtedness and Criminal Proceedings
- An employee shall so manage his/her private affairs as to avoid habitual indebtedness or insolvency. When an employee is found liable to arrest for debt or has recourse insolvency or when it is found that most of his salary is continuously being attached, he may be liable to dismissal. An employee who becomes the subject of legal proceedings for insolvency shall forthwith report full facts to the competent authority of the Institute.
- An employee who gets involved in some criminal proceedings, shall immediately inform the competent authority through the Head of the Department to which he/she is attached, irrespective of the fact whether he/she released on bail or not. An employee who is detained in police custody whether on criminal charges or otherwise for a period longer than 48 hours shall not join his/her duties in the College unless he/she has obtained written permission to that effect from the competent authority of the Institute.
- Vindication of Acts and Character of employees
No employee shall, except with the prior sanction of the competent authority, have recourse to any court or go to the press for the vindication of any official act which has been the subject matter of adverse criticism or an attack of defamatory character.
Provided that nothing in this rule shall be deemed to prohibit an employee from vindicating his/her private character or any act done by him/her in private capacity.
- Litigation on Service matters
No employee shall attempt to seek in a court of law a decision on grievances arising out of his/her conditions of service, even in cases where such remedy is legally admissible, without first exhausting the normal official channels of redress.
- Canvassing of Non-official or other outside Influence
No employee shall bring or attempt to bring any political or other outside influence to bear upon any superior authority to further his/her interests in respect of matters pertaining to his/her service.
- Unauthorized Pecuniary Arrangements
No employee shall enter into any pecuniary arrangement with another employee or any other person so as to afford any kind of advantage to either or both of them in any unauthorized or against the specific, or implied, provisions of any rule for the time being in force.
- Proper Use of Amenities
No employee shall misuse, or carelessly use, amenities provided to him/her by the Institute to facilitate the Discharge of his/her duties.
- Whenever an employee wishes to put forth any claim, or seeks redress of any grievance or of any wrong done to him/her, he/she shall forward his/her case through proper channel and shall not forward any advance copy of his/her application to the higher authority, unless the lower authority has rejected the claim, or refused relief, or disposal of the matter is delayed by more than three months.
- No employee shall be signatory to any joint representation addressed to the authorities for redress of any grievance or for any other matter.