Finishing School Cell
The Finishing School at KIET Group of Institutions has been created with a view to provide final polishing touches to the students across all domains just before appearing for their recruitment process and getting hired as a professional in the corporate world after earning the ASSET (Aptitude + Soft Skills + English + Technical Proficiency) Certificate within a period of 4 – 8 weeks. The number of hours invested during this program will be counted as a part of the students’ internship, and hence considered to be mandatory.
As soon as the student ends the pre-final year exams, he/she will undergo a mix of external third-party training and an in-house training, to meet the following objectives –
- To groom students as per the company standards
- To hone the skills of the students in three verticals viz., Aptitude (QA + LR + VA), Soft Skills, and Technical Skills in tandem with the current industry needs
- To prepare the students for Recruitment for mass recruiters
- To provide students with the “ASSET" certificate for readiness towards recruitment drives
- All students will undergo a 17-days training that will be imparted to them as follows –
- A 2-day input on Soft Skills – tips on Resume Writing, Group Discussions, and Personal Interviews from the faculty of H&S Department – Training Wing.
- A 10-day input on Aptitude (QA + LR + VA) / Cognitive Assessment by an external 3rd party vendor.
- A 5-day input on Technical topics useful for recruitment tests by an Industry expert, Alumni, or an Expert Faculty from our Institute. The two days will be given to problem solving and coding skills and remaining three days will be given to branch specific technical training. Respective Departments will be responsible to conduct the branch specific technical training for three days.
- On completion of this training, all the students will appear for the first placement readiness test (PRT-1), based on the pattern of the major mass recruiters, that will have sectional cut-off, so as to identify the problem area of particular students.
- Those students who qualify the PRT-1 will appear for a mock panel interview round with a technical resource person (Industry expert/Alumni/Institute Faculty) and an in-house HR expert / Soft Skills Trainer (number of days required may vary according to the number of students that qualify PRT-1), will be conducted parallel to the refresher being run for the students who fail to qualify PRT-1.
- Those students who qualify the interview will gain the ASSET Certification.
- Those students who are unable to qualify the interview process will get one-on-one mentoring sessions with a Soft Skills Trainer.
- Those students who are unable to qualify PRT-1, will get a one-week refresher/doubt removal session that will be conducted by in-house resources on their domain of improvement and then appear for PRT-2 that will be conducted on similar lines to PRT-1.
- Those students who qualify the PRT-2, will appear for a mock panel interview (technical + HR – here the resource persons would be internal) .
- Students who qualify the interview will gain the ASSET Certification.
- Students who are unable to qualify the interview process will get one-on-one mentoring sessions with a Soft Skills Trainer.
- Those students who are unable to qualify PRT-2, will again undergo a one-week refresher/doubt removal session according to their improvement area, and then appear for a final PRT-3 based on similar lines as PRT-1.
- Those students who qualify the PRT-3, will appear for a mock panel interview (technical + HR)
- Students who qualify the interview process will gain the ASSET Certification.
- Students who are unable to qualify the interview process will not be awarded the ASSET Certification.
Modus operandi for the SCHOLAR BATCH
- Those students who qualify PRT-1 with an above average score in all the sections and also perform well in the interview process will be considered as the premium/scholar batch of students who will be eligible for better job profiles/packages.
- These students will be imparted special training for the remaining duration of the summer break to prepare them for the better profiles/packages (resource persons from the industry / alumni / faculty to be used as per requirement).
Modus operandi for Capsule Trainings of selected companies
- After receiving the relevant information regarding the next recruitment drive from the CRPC Department, and taking the number of days available for the recruitment process to commence, a company specific training would be organized as per its recruitment pattern.
- The duration of the training and the requirement of resource persons for the training would be dependent on two variables – first, is the number of days available, and second is the number of students eligible/registered for the process.
Administrative Structure of the Finishing School
The administrative structure of the finishing school is shown below-