To create the next generation and globally competent data scientists/data engineers in the field of Data Science domain by providing quality engineering education along with cutting edge technologies
- To provide value based engineering education through continues learning and research by imparting solid foundation in applied mathematics, algorithms and programming paradigms to build software models and simulations.
- To develop concepts building, logical and problem solving skills of graduates to address current global challenges of industry and society.
- To offer excellence in teaching and learning process, industry collaboration activities and research to mould graduates into industry ready professionals
- Graduates will be engineering practitioners and leaders, who would help solve industry’s technological problems.
- Graduates will be engineering professionals, innovators or entrepreneurs engaged in technology development, technology deployment, or engineering system implementation in industry.
- Graduates will function in their profession with social awareness and responsibility.
- Graduates will interact with their peers in other disciplines in industry and society and contribute to the economic growth of the country.
- Graduates will be successful in pursuing higher studies in engineering or management.
- Graduates will pursue career paths in teaching or research.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- PO-1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO-2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO-3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- PO-4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO-5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO-6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO-7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO-8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO-9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO-10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO-11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO-12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)
- PSO1: Apply computing theory, languages and algorithms, as well as mathematical and statistical models, and the principles of optimization to appropriately formulate and use data analysis.
- PSO2: Apply the principles and techniques of database design, administration, and implementation to enhance data collection capabilities and decision-support systems. Ability to critique the role of information and analytics in supporting business processes and functions.
- PSO3: Invent and use appropriate models of data analysis, assess the quality of input, derive insight from results, and investigate potential issues. Also to organize big data sets into meaningful structures, incorporating data profiling and quality standards.