Consultancy Rules: Project Execution
Consultancy projects are normally initiated by requests/enquiries from the industry directly to the Institute or by discussion between the industry and the Consultants.
- When the enquiry is directly received by the Institute, the work will be assigned to a specific consultant/or groups of consultants depending on their expertise, and existing commitments.
- In the event of a client preferring the services of a specific consultant, the assignment may normally be assigned to the identified person with the approval of the Director, KIET.
- Consultancy project proposals (prepared in response to a client’s request) are to be approved by the Director, KIET who may examine the scope of the work and cost estimates. It is essential to discuss proposed work plans with a client vis-à-vis the scope and projected time-line, in order to obtain clarity before the consultant prepares the cost and estimates.
- The charges, once finalized, will not be negotiable. However, if the scope is altered, a fresh estimate may have to be considered.
Consultancy Rules: General
- Testing using laboratory facilities of the departments will be handled at departmental level by IRCDC department coordinator.
- The work is allotted by the Head IRCDC to a faculty member based on his/her relevant qualification, specialization & prowess.
- The rates of these testing shall be as per approved rates of the institute.
- The rates for the consultancy charges shall be revised in every three years.
- The consultancy charge is shared between the Consultant and the Institute in the ratio of 75:25 after deducting all the expenses.
- The total amount of institute share from all types of consultancy will be used for institute development.
- For projects involving only site visits for consultation work, charges will be decided at mutually acceptable rate which shall be based on extent and nature of work.
- The travelling & daily allowance will be extra as per institute norms will be borne by the client.
- The faculty members going out for consultancy will be required to assure themselves that any of the Institute responsibilities are not hampered during the period of their non-availability.
- Travelling out of the campus on account of consultancy activities should be undertaken with intimation to the head of the department and intimation should be sent to the Head- IRCDC.
- Completing the duties, in time will be the sole responsibility of the faculty engaged in consultancy.
- Whenever a consultant/Mechanic is found irregular and irresponsible in discharging his/ her duties, he/ she will be replaced from that consultancy work with suitable person(s).
- All the consultancy reports shall be dispatched to the clients address through a registered post with acknowledgement due, on client’s charges.
- Any other employee of the Institute may take up consultancy work with prior approval of the Head IRCDC.
- In case of any discrepancy the decision of the head of the institute will be final.