Center of Excellence
Structural Analysis and Design
The Department of Civil Engineering has established its centre of excellence namely Structural Analysis and Design. The Centre provides training on design and detailing of precast / cast-in-situ steel and RCC structures including design of industrial buildings, pre-engineered buildings, and elevated large span connecting bridges, road under-passes, elevated / underground storage tanks, storage structures and hoppers. Further, the Centre also extends it services for training and skill development of students and faculty members for designing many RCC structures including high-rise buildings, silos, machine foundations, etc. Furthermore, the centre provides exposure towards strength assessments of old structures and retrofitting, feasibility reports, tender specifications & drawings, approval of fabrication drawings and designer’s supervision on site.
- The aim of center is to promote
- Professional efficiency in various software being used by industry
- Industrial consultancy projects
- The placement of students
- The quality of major Projects of final year students
- Student Employability Program through External Agency (2019-20)
- Training of Final Year students in order to enhance their employability (Students Employability Program)
- 04 out of 13 students got a chance for 4 months pre-placement internship in Ramboll India.
- In order to give the industry readiness exposure to the students of Final Year, Projects in accordance with current industry trends are assigned to the students under ageis of the Centre of Excellence in which 10 Groups of students (34 students) have completed their final year projects through the Centre of Excellence
- Industry Readiness (2019-20)
- Additional Skill Classes (through External Agency) are being run in the Centre of Excellence.
- Final Year Projects in accordance with current industry trends are assigned to the students. Presently, 24 students are working for their B. Tech. Final Year Projects.