To achieve excellence in imparting education in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering by creating competent professionals capable of providing solutions with research orientation, through innovative approach and applying entrepreneurial mind-set to meet National and International needs.
- To provide students with a supportive and conducive environment that facilitates learning to solve the problems in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- To enable the students to achieve excellence in Electrical and Electronics Engineering through creative and innovative way.
- To prepare students to be successful and ethical professionals with life-long learning approach and entrepreneurial mind-set
- To prepare the students to develop the capability of analysing the problems with research orientation and providing solutions in alignment of sustainable development goals
Programme Educational Objectives
- To educate students in mathematical, scientific, electrical and electronics engineering concepts necessary to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems faced by the society.
- To prepare students to communicate effectively, work harmoniously in teams with professional ethics and learn to adopt entrepreneurial mind-set for providing solutions to problems in the field of electrical and electronics engineering
- To prepare students to have a broad understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply the acquired knowledge in creative and innovative way for solving complex and multidisciplinary engineering problems.
- To equip students with the knowledge to design and develop engineering solutions to the problems faced by society for its sustainable development with the help of environment¬ friendly technologies
- To inculcate the ability among the students to explore and learn by themselves, the changes taking place continuously in the field of electrical and electronics engineering as part of the lifelong learning process.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)
- Design and analyze power conversion topologies; deploy control strategies for power electronics, machines and other electrical installations.
- Develop and apply embedded system solutions for smart and intelligent control of electrical and electronics applications
Course Outcomes(CO) - B.Tech - Electrical & Electronics Engineering