To achieve excellence in the field of Information Technology and create competent professionals for the benefit of the world community.
- M1: To integrate quality education, values and skills in the field of Information Technology through outcome-based teaching and learning process.
- M2: To undertake research for the development of sustainable IT solutions for real world problems of society and industry.
- M3: To foster an intellectual, innovative and entrepreneurial environment to develop IT leaders.
- M4: To create a culture of collaboration and support among teachers and students for sharing of ideas and knowledge.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
After few years of graduation, the graduates of Information Technology will be able to-
- Apply the acquired knowledge of Science, Mathematics and Engineering for pursuing successful careers in industry, academia and public service.
- Serve the society and industry with IT tools, management principles and eminence research for sustainable development in collaborative mode.
- Exhibit professionalism by infusing leadership qualities, team spirit, effective communication skills, high ethical values & empathy for the needs of society.
- Show commitment and engage in lifelong learning for enhancing their professional and personal capabilities.
Program Outcomes (POs)
After completion of the program the students will possess the following abilities-
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PSO1: Ability to design and develop IT enabled computing systems using concepts of Mathematics, Science and multidisciplinary Engineering practices to meet ethical commercial & societal objectives.
- PSO2: Ability to test, analyze and deploy the innovative IT infrastructure solutions in order to integrate and evolve a larger computing system for real life problems.
Course Outcomes (COs)